Do you have stubborn acne that will not go away? How about fine lines or wrinkles you wish were not there? From Botox to skin cancer removal, your dermatologist Juan-Carlos Caballero, M.D. is available for a wide variety of procedures. But what requires a visit to your dermatologist? With help from Warrenton Dermatology & Skin Therapy Center, you can learn what conditions warrant an appointment.
- Acne: The most obvious reason to see your Warrenton dermatologist Dr. Caballero is acne treatment. Blemishes that do not respond to over-the-counter acne medications often benefit from more aggressive treatment your dermatologist provides.
- Aging: If you notice fine lines and wrinkles or that your skin is starting to sag, a visit to your dermatologist can revitalize your skin and makes you look and feel great. Treatments are available to smooth and tighten the skin, improve its texture and correct uneven complexions due to sun damage.
- Cosmetic: Cosmetic treatments could be for you, even if signs of aging are not what is troubling you. We offer procedures to plump your lips or cheeks and prevent wrinkles to keep you looking great.
- Eczema: Eczema causes inflammation of the skin. This condition most commonly presents in the form of a red, itchy, swollen and dry rash. If you think you have eczema, your doctor can help you understand the condition and determine the best course of action to treat it.
- Hair loss: Your Warrenton dermatologist uses several tests to determine the cause of your hair loss. Once he has pinpointed the cause, you and your doctor can move forward with a treatment plan.
- Psoriasis: Caused by weaknesses in the immune system, psoriasis is an irritating and often emotionally distressing condition. Skin cells form up to 10 times too quickly, causing a scale-like area of thick silvery skin to form. These areas, called plaques, are itchy and often painful.
- Skin cancer: The most common form of cancer, skin cancer, if diagnosed early, has the highest cure rate. If you see a skin growth such as a mole which has changed in color, texture size, thickness or shape, you should see your dermatologist immediately.
- Rosacea: Rosacea is characterized by redness or red patches on the face, ears and chest. More severe cases involve swelling, skin thickening and bumps occur.
For more information about dermatological conditions and how they are treated, please contact Juan-Carlos Caballero, M.D. at Warrenton Dermatology & Skin Therapy Center in Warrenton, VA. Call (540) 341-1900 to schedule your appointment today!